Topic Selection & Organization
DynaMed offers clinically organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, covering many specialties that are organized into 40 categories. A “topic” in DynaMed is a clinical summary of an area of information with a defined scope. Topic content is organized in an easy-to-use, clinically practical format and follows a standardized template.
DynaMed topics are based on:
- Common and uncommon diseases and conditions (e.g., Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA))
- Symptoms (e.g., Chest pain, Foot pain – differential diagnosis)
- Medications (e.g., Tiotropium)
- Other clinically-important topics (e.g., Breastfeeding, Cardiac stress testing)
- Specific popular interest (e.g., West Nile virus encephalitis, Anthrax, Acute radiation syndrome)
- New scope of information based on developing research (e.g., Metabolic syndrome, D-dimer testing for venous thromboembolism)
- Suggestions and feedback from DynaMed users
- Searching usage logs to identify unfulfilled searches
New topics added to DynaMed are determined by DynaMed's clinical editorial team and feedback from users.